We should all be more conscious about the impact plastic and non-recyclable material can have on the earth and our oceans. Every day in the media we can see the devastation we are causing to our planet. As a local business, we understand that we need to make smart choices for our customers, so we can all live more environmentally friendly lives and we are quite limited in what we can do but we can do something.
While we may think flowers are part of Mother Nature it is important to us here that where possible we source flowers that are ethically grown as best we can, this is something we are looking into with our growers on a weekly basis. There is also another side to floristry and that is the sundries industry while they are trying to improve the way they do things, it is not still 100% green. This can make being an environmentally conscious florist pretty difficult, buy purchasing and sourcing sundries that are more environmentally friendly and asking our buyers to give us more options that reflect this we are slowly but surely seeing a change in how our suppliers do business.
- Precious Petals make sure our hand-tied flower bouquets are wrapped in recyclable paper.
- We are trying to find a more recyclable solution for the water bag.
- We have started to use recyclable high quality cardboard gift boxes which can act as a vase instead of cellophane.
- For other types of arrangements such as hatboxes, wooden boxes, arrangements, and funeral arrangements, OASIS have introduced a new biodegradable foam.
- Raffia and natural materials are now more commonly used for ribbon, these are natural products, instead of plastic based.
We are thrilled to see our customers being more conscious about these small but very important finishing touches. We are planning to introduce more changes to be kinder to our planet. Please continue to support us on our environmental journey. Make the right choice; support local, sustainable business.
– 01 810 1615